Technote 1096316: Documents copied using CopyToDatabase method reuse same UNID
I’m at a customer site today where they are running Notes 7.0.2 but would like to experiment with (the new) Notes 8.0.1 Standard client. The upgrade of select users went fine but the embedded Sametime client was unable to connect to the Sametime 7 Limited Use server. After some searching on Google and in the developerWorks forums the problem was easy to solve thanks to posts there and some additional searching. I simply needed to add the client ids of Notes 8 and Notes 8.0.1 Standard to the sametime.ini and restart Sametime.
The steps are as follows:
- Find sametime.ini on your Sametime server – it’s in the binary Domino directory. Open it in a text editor.
- Find the line starting with VPS_ALLOWED_LOGIN_TYPES in the Config-section.
- Append 1231 and 1233 to the end of the list (that is “,1231,1233”).
- Save and close the file.
- Restart the Sametime services (tell staddin quit, load staddin).
- Happily log-in using Notes 8(.0.1) Standard. In my case it took a couple of minutes for the change to be picked up but as always being patient pays off.
- developerWorks forum thread: Client Type was the problem
- Technote 1114318: How to determine the Client Type that is connecting to a Sametime server
Just discovered that the LotusScript regression mentioned previously is also present in Notes 8.0.
I’m installing Lotus Connections 1.0.2 and during the installation I ran into an issue when upgrading Tivoli Directory Integrator 6.1 to fix pack 1. I was unable to upgrade the installation due to a locale issue. Fortunately there was a technote that explained how to solve the issue: IO07295: TIM IDI UPGRADE LOCALE PROBLEM
For more info see Technote 1257028: IBM Lotus Domino IMAP Server Buffer Overflow Vulnerability. SPR# KEMG6T7HEX
I just realized that the performance regression mentioned earlier isn’t on the fix list of Notes/Domino 7.0.3 (release technote). This is really unfortunate since 7.0.3 is the last maintenance release for the 7.0.x codestream for a long time (for all I know anyway) since Notes/Domino 8.0 is Gold. This has been the story with previous releases anyway once a new major release has gone Gold.
This is worth keeping in mind when you decide on code releases. It’s a good reason for going to 8.0 anyway… 🙂
Found this technote via the Lotus Support RSS feed. 0.13 seconds vs. 15 seconds and 23 seconds vs. 120 seconds! This is really an ugly regression…
The following is a technote was sent to me from a LotusScript.doc user: LotusScript and Java code hangs Notes when exporting certain documents to .dxl/.xml. Only difference was that his client redboxed.
Anyways – upgrading to Notes 6.5.6 solved the issue.