Those who do not speak at Lotusphere might not know this but as a speaker you are required to go to the presentation venue the night before your presentation and do a mandatory TEK CHECK. This is basically to make your computer can connect to the presentation projector etc. Seeing my share of sessions this week it has again become clear that a couple of checks should be added to the TEK CHECK or added to the presentation check that also occurs before the presentation.
Some would say that it’s basic presentation guidelines but I think the following should be enforced:
- If using bullets keep it to 5 or 6 per slide
- Don’t use a font smaller than 20 points
- If showing code use a proportional font such as Courier
- If demoing in an IDE remember to increase the font size
- Make sure the resolution you’re using still allows for people to read the slides and demos clearly from the back rows