It’s been a while since version 1.0.2 of the TwitNotes plugin was released but the new version 1.0.3 is here now. All good things come to those who wait! 🙂 Installation instructions can be found here and update instructions can be found here.
The new version has a lot of new functionality that should make the plugin easier and more pleasant to use. The most noticeable new feature is probably that URL links are clickable and that you may now send direct tweets to other Twitters. This is however just the tip of the iceberg. A lot of code has been added due to the fact that some of the UI is custom painted to work around certain platform limitations. For a complete list of changes see below.
After you install version 1.0.3 from the update site you should see something like the below screenshot. Comments as always to the blog or by e-mail.
- The message author name is now clickable to allow you to filter the list to this author
- Twitter names in messages (e.g. @lekkim) are now recognized and clickable to filter the list of messages to messages by that user
- Twitter names are right-clickable so you can
- Start a new reply message to that user (start a new message with @<authorname>)
- Start a new direct message to that user
- Copy the name to the clipboard
- URL links in messages are now clickable and will open in the default browser
- URL links are right-clickable and can be copied to the clipboard
- Hover text shown when hovering over clickable link
- Added action in part menu to go with the above to reset the author filter
- URL’s sent through TwitNotes are automatically converted to TinyUrls using tinyurl.com
- Right-click option to copy entire message to clipboard
- Added direct message support to followers by adding “Direct!” button and drop-down with follow names
- Added API for thirdparty contributions to detect clickable links and associated actions
- Author images where image name has funky characters are fetched successfully
- Submit area providers are now encapsulated in their own Composite to avoid their layout to affect the greater plugin layout
- Tweet! button moved due to support for direct messages
- Renamed “Refresh data” action in the part menu to “Update”