When attempting to import a certificate from a Java keystore (JKS) into Salesforce using “Security | Certificate and Key Management” under Setup the following error is encountered:
Data Not Available
The data you were trying to access could not be found. It may be due to another user deleting the data or a system error. If you know the data is not deleted but cannot access it, please look at our support page.
Resolving the issue is easy once you know how:
- Go To Setup | Identity Provider
- Press “Enable Identity Provider” button (Enabling this option will not affect any existing functionality in the Org. The full Identity Provider setup would need several other steps as well so enabling simply under — Setup | Identity Provider– will not make any difference so it can be enabled safely.)
- Once Identity Provider is enabled in the Org, it will create a self-signed certificate in your Org under — Setup | Certificate and Key Management
- Try to import the certificate from your JKS through “Import from keystore” option and it should be successful.
- (This is optional step) You may disable the Identity Provider again and then delete the automatically created Self-Signed certificate (via step 3) under ‘Certificate and Key Management’. This will turn your Org setup to its original state.