Well I just did a quick search on developerWorks and it gave me a lot of info. Among others were the below articles that I think look very interesting. Especially those two first ones look like something that would be of interest to a lot of people venturing into this area.
- Eclipse’s Rich Client Platform, Part 1: Getting started
- Eclipse’s Rich Client Platform, Part 2: Extending the generic workbench
- Create an Eclipse game plug-in, Part 1: Getting started
- Create an Eclipse game plug-in, Part 2: Building and firing a BB gun
- Create an Eclipse game plug-in, Part 3: Gaming the system
- Create an Eclipse game plug-in, Part 4: Packaging, testing, and putting final touches
- Building Eclipse plug-ins using templates
- Eclipse Test & Performance Tools Platform, Part 1: Test, profile, and monitor applications
- An introduction to the Eclipse Web Tools Platform V1.0
3 thoughts on “So there’s no stuff out there on plug-in development?”
Who said there wasn’t?
People! People said it! 😉 I’m often asked where all the Eclipse info is hidden.
Still the learning curve is intimidating. What they really say: There is no easy to understand comprehensive one-stop material out there. It is a big puzzle you have still to assemble. Plug-ins and features and runtime environment and UI etc.
Comments are closed.