Here’s a couple of reasons why the Eclipse Update Site template supplied with Notes 8 is a killer template and why it’s preferable to use from a Notes users perspective (get the pun?):
- Update Site accessible over NRCP (only by Notes clients) or HTTP.
- Easy to host on a Domino server even without running the HTTP task.
- Replication to other servers.
- Easy to control access with ACL.
- Easy overview of categories, plugins and features.
- Easy to update the update site URL for all/selected features without rebuilding.
If you’ve been doing plugin/feature packaging in Eclipse you’ll really appreciate item number 6.