Received these steps from a coworker and thought I would publish for the greater good if others need it. Thanks Bjarne.
After downloading the connector to Lotus Quickr and trying to install it I found out that wasn’t possible to install the Lotus Quickr connector on Vista 64-bit or Windows 7 64-bit. I searched the internet and found a solution but unfortunately it didn’t work. After messing around I got it working.
- Download the Lotus Quickr connector from your Lotus Quickr site
- Execute the file – Click on OK when the error pops up and end the installer.
- Browse to the following folder Users<username>AppDataLocalTemp and copy the file qkrconn.msi to another location.
- Download and install Orca. This application allows you to modify MSI files.
- Open the qkrconn.msi with Orca and scroll down to the “LaunchCondition” table located on the left.
- Delete the condition “(Not Intel64) And (Not VersionNT64) And (Not Msix64)” by right clicking it then selecting “Drop Row”. You can delete both rows because they are not needed (I did that)
- In the table located on the left, click in the value “InstallExecuteSequence” and find the row “LaunchCondition” and delete it by right clicking it then select “Drop Row”.
- In the table located on the left, click in the value “InstallUISequence” and find the row “LaunchCondition” and delete it by right clicking it then select “Drop Row”.
- Save, exit and run the MSI!
11 thoughts on “How to install Lotus Quickr connector on 64-bit OS”
Thank you thank you!! Great find on Orca too…
Great hint…. But did not work for me. I received an "unable to access framework/rcp/deploy/update.install.xml" error when trying to install Notes connector. I’m running 8.5.1 FP2.
It’s annoying that we have to resort to workarounds like this. Regardless, glad it worked for you.
I’ve been doing this for a few months and it does install, but from what I’ve heard from users is that it doesn’t function well once installed. I haven’t gathered any detail from them yet, but was wondering if others have noticed any issues once they make these changes and install the connector?
Mikkel, we should talk about this. Not sure if this is the best path for using the Connectors in a Win64 environment.
applying HF7 did do the job, getting the Notes connector to operation…
For the installation, it works, but after, I have problem when I try to open the interface into the windows explorer. An error occures when QuickR try to execute the command
Does something have an idea how to correct that?
Not really I’m afraid. It looks like an error trying to opening a specific resource within Quickr.
Any news on the ‘real’ 64bits support from IBM?
I do not follow the Quickr space so I really can’t say. I would ask IBM or someone from OpusNeo or SNAPPS as they might know.
Thanks for the advice, I both send them a message for information.
Keep you and the rest informed.
Comments are closed.