I have been trying to get Domino 7.0.2 running on Ubuntu 6.06 LTS but without success. Based on miscellaneous postings on the web I manage to work out a partial solution.
The process has been as follows:
- Install Ubuntu
- No SSH support out of the box (apt-get install openssh-server)
- Unable to complete install due to missing C-library (apt-get install libstdc++5, ldconfig)
- Configure server using remote install
- Launch server only to see funky nsd.sh errors on the console but it was solved using approach found on notes.net.
- apt-get install gawk <– did not work
- edit line 86 /opt/ibm/lotus/notes/70020/linux/nsd.sh = “Linux) Awk=$(where gawk);;” –> “Linux) Awk=$(where awk);;”
- <restart domino server>
The above process got Domino to start successful but now I’m seeing an error on HTTP task startup (java.lang.UnstatisfiedLinkError: libawt.so) which I have been unable to solve. I found a possible solution on notes.net but since there’s no deprecated X11 package that I could find for Ubunto I’m at a loss.
Gotta hit Google unless anyone has some clever ideas…