Please note: The following is from the release notes of Notes 8.5.2 so I don't take credit for writing this. Lotus Notes 8.5.2 is in beta and there are no guarantees that the features described here will be in the final product that IBM ships.
You can now specify if a widget uses only one sidebar panel or if multiple sidebar panels are allowed. You can set a preference in the widget XML to define whether a new Sidebar panel is opened for each widget action or whether the same Sidebar panel is reopened and overwritten for each action initiated by that widget. There are three types of actions that add a widget to the client sidebar panel.
- The widget property "Contribute to Sidebar on startup." When enabling this option, a sidebar panel is opened in the sidebar for the widget.
- Right click on a widget in the My Widgets sidebar panel and choose Open in -> Sidebar. Every time this action is executed, a new sidebar panel is opened.
- Create a Live Text action that puts the action results into the sidebar. Every time this action is executed, a new sidebar panel is opened.
<webcontextConfiguration version="1.1"> <palleteItem singletonSidebar="false"OR
<webcontextConfiguration version="1.1"> <palleteItem singletonSidebar="true"When set to "true" the three actions described will share the same widget sidebar view. When set to "false" the three actions above will open in new sidebar views. Note: The default value is "false" so as not to affect Notes 8.5.1 and prior behavior.
Note: If there were multiple sidebars opened for a widget prior to applying this feature improvement and then you upgrade to a release with this feature improvement (and implement it), the previous sidebars will not be reused and will remain open until the user manually closes them.
Disclaimer: The following is from the release notes of Notes 8.5.2 so I don't take credit for writing this. Lotus Notes 8.5.2 is in beta and there are no guarantees that the features described here will be in the final product that IBM ships.You can now control whether a widget's thumbnail is visible in the My Widgets sidebar panel. As an administrator or power user you can add a hideThumbnail=true or hideThumbnail=false parameter to the palleteItem element in the widget's XML. Users can hide any visible widget thumbnail using a new "Hide" user interface option. Users can un-hide all hidden widget thumbnails using a new "Show All" user interface option.
To prevent users from displaying a hidden widget thumbnail, add the following statement to the user's plugin_customization.ini file:
com.ibm.rcp.toolbox/allowUserShowHideWidgets=falseAn administrator or power user can create a widget, export it, and manually add a flag that controls whether the widget is hidden on the My Widgets sidebar panel. If you install a widget that has been modified in this way, the widget will not be visible on the My Widgets sidebar panel. A "Show All" option becomes enabled. The attribute that controls this feature is hideThumbnail and is set in the widget's .XML.
- hideThumbnail=true -- Hides the widget thumbnail in the My Widgets sidebar panel
- hideThumbnail=false -- (default) Displays the widget thumbnail in the My Widgets sidebar panel
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <webcontextConfiguration version="1.1"> <palleteItem hideThumbnail="true" id="Test1" providerId="com.ibm.rcp.toolbox.prov.provider.ToolboxProvisioning" title="Test1" url="file:///c:/provUpdateSite2/site.xml"> <data>You can disable display of the client's "Hide" and "Show All" options by adding the com.ibm.rcp.toolbox/allowUserShowHideWidgets preference to the user's plugin_customization.ini file.
- com.ibm.rcp.toolbox/allowUserShowHideWidgets=false -- Prevents display of Hide" and "Show All" options
- com.ibm.rcp.toolbox/allowUserShowHideWidgets=true -- (default) Allows display of Hide" and "Show All" options