- Some demos done on Mac and/or Linux
- Floating the idea of a DDE without Legacy editors on Ubuntu
- XPages rendering engines for mobile devices based on user-agent
- Continued emphasis on Notes as a platform instead of an e-mail client and emphasis on it being an open platform that encourages developers to move to the platform
- Announcement of stronger 3rd party integrations such as other major ERP system providers and web 2.0 services such as Facebook
- Much focus on lotusknows, twittering and social computing
- Revealing what's in store for Notes 9 on a concrete basis
- XPages, XPages, XPages...
Also had "A lot of focus on XPages in the client as the next development paradigm for the Notes client - forms/views only maintained for "backwards" compability" but this has already somewhat been delivered for Notes 8.5.1 (despite saying that forms/views will be deprecated at some point).