Ever since the first beta release of Notes 8.5.1 I have been aware that TwitNotes didn't work on this release of Notes. TwitNotes was able to display and search for tweets just fine but you were unable to submit new status updates. I have been asked numerous times to update the plugin but I just didn't have the time.
Today I finally took the time to try and solve the problem. And what a problem. It took all of 3 minutes to solve. Another 5 minutes to upload the code to the update site. If only I had taken the timer sooner... Oh well!
So to update TwitNotes either
- drag the widget descriptor onto your MyWidgets sidebar panel or...
- do an update installed features operation (for those who know about updates sites etc. this is by far the easiest way to upgrade)
As with previous releases I wish to thank those who kindly reminded me of this problem - nice to see people using it.