After the announcement of the general availability of IBM/SAP Alloy the other day I downloaded the package to find out which components it is made up of. Below are some tidbits that may or may not be of interest to you.
- Client package == plugin
- Domino Server package
- SAP Server package
- Documentation package
- Plug-in to Notes 8.0.2 or newer
- Domino Server component
- Notes database with a web service
- This database is used to configure the available applications and hostname for the SAP server
- Updates to the user mail database
- Description: "The Alloy by IBM and SAP Mail Template Update Tool adds additional and required design elements to the master IBM Lotus Notes and IBM Lotus Domino mail template. This is required to enable integrated Alloy functionality in user's mail and calendar views. The additional design elements are supplied in the NDERPmail.ntf template, which is typically resident in the Domino\data directory on the Alloy server. "
- Leave management
- Travel management
- Customized decision workflow applications
IBM/SAP Alloy InfoCenter
It appears that the Notes plug-in reads the webservice address from the plugin_customization.ini file (com.ibm.nderp.client/NDERPMDWS_URL=http://hostname/nderpws.nsf/MetaDataService?openwebservice) or from the notes.ini file (NDERPMDWS_URL)