Just sat through Stephan Wissels session on DXL and it was great. Good slides, not too many of them, excellent demos and altogether a great session. Way to go!
Below are the cliff notes.
- IResource in DDE returns DXL
- DXL Studio by Stephan Wissel
- DXL Explorer
- Setting setForceNoteFormat="true" makes export round trip safe but not usable for anything else than round tripping (== binary)
- stream out has to be UTF-8
- Switch of "Compile LotusScript" to avoid script related import options; you can always recompile later
- Watch out for line break issues; improvements needed; work from DOM tree in memory
- If export fails try exporting design elements one by one; issue is probably a race condition as an 88 millisecond wait between design elements makes it work
- Get a decent XSLT/XPath editor - NO Notepad/vi
- Approx. 156k lines of LotusScript in all IBM templates - thought it would be more (based on 69 templates
- Cocomo tool for estimating how much time it takes to redo code
- Cool demo showing how to transform a view to a XPage, some copy/pasting required but it works like a charm
- Even cooler demo transforming a view to a XPage, again copy/pasting required but worked perfectly