- Microsoft forges first official link to Eclipse
"Microsoft Corp. today announced its first collaboration with the open source Eclipse Foundation by committing provide engineering support to allow the Eclipse Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) use Microsoft's Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF). The move aims to make it easier for Java developers to write applications that look and feel like native Windows Vista, according to Microsoft."
- BlackBerry embraces Eclipse
"Research In Motion (RIM) has joined the Eclipse Foundation and released a BlackBerry plug-in for Eclipse that provides the ability to develop and debug BlackBerry applications without leaving the familiar Eclipse environment."
The below screenshot should speak for itself but in case it doesn't let me explain... Last night and tonight I have been writing a Twitter plug-in for the Notes 8 Standard sidebar. I got tired of using BeTwittered and really wanted a real Notes 8 sidebar plug-in as I have some other ideas I want to incorporate. Once I finalize the plug-in tomorrow and get it on an update site you can install it if you're interested.
- Pure SWT application
- Integration with the Accounts API
- Preferences via Notes 8 Preference pages (auto refresh (yes/no), refresh interval, number of posts to show, refresh after posting).
- Shows the Twitter profile image of the poster.
- Posts to Twitter.