After reading about the current state of affairs for the extst.ibm.com Sametime community at Adam Gartenbergs and Chris Pippins blog I must say that I'm a bit disappointed. How can it be that IBM choose not to support the latest and greatest of their flagship collaboration client on extst.ibm.com? Of cause it will happen at some point in time but why the wait? Simply get going, edit those sametime.ini files and while you're at it add the client ids for 8.0.2, 8.0.3, 8.5, 8.5.1...
I'm at a customer site today where they are running Notes 7.0.2 but would like to experiment with (the new) Notes 8.0.1 Standard client. The upgrade of select users went fine but the embedded Sametime client was unable to connect to the Sametime 7 Limited Use server. After some searching on Google and in the developerWorks forums the problem was easy to solve thanks to posts there and some additional searching. I simply needed to add the client ids of Notes 8 and Notes 8.0.1 Standard to the sametime.ini and restart Sametime.
The steps are as follows:
- Find sametime.ini on your Sametime server - it's in the binary Domino directory. Open it in a text editor.
- Find the line starting with VPS_ALLOWED_LOGIN_TYPES in the Config-section.
- Append 1231 and 1233 to the end of the list (that is ",1231,1233").
- Save and close the file.
- Restart the Sametime services (tell staddin quit, load staddin).
- Happily log-in using Notes 8(.0.1) Standard. In my case it took a couple of minutes for the change to be picked up but as always being patient pays off.
- developerWorks forum thread: Client Type was the problem
- Technote 1114318: How to determine the Client Type that is connecting to a Sametime server